From:
Dave Hendrickson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Hendrickson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jun 1994 16:28:30 -0400
Mike wrote:

> WEEI sort of had a live broadcast of BC AD Chet Gladchuk's press
> conference dealing with the resignation of Mike Milbury.  I say sort
> of because first, Eddie Andelman was late in allowing them to cut to
> it.  Then, after a little while, they started having technical
> difficulties and had to return to the station.  Supposedly there will
> be a recap from Sean Grandy who was there live, but I had to leave the
> car and return to work.

Having a greater career deathwish than Mike ;-) I stayed in my car a bit
longer.  Grandy came on and said that comparing the notes of the two
press conferences, it was difficult to believe that the two sides were talking
about the same thing.  When Eddie complained about the lack of specifics --
"both sides are just saying, 'blah, blah, blah, blah, blah' "  -- Sean Grandy
*did* comment that Milbury seemed to want to be specific at his press
conference but was being held back by his legal counsel.

My guess is that the legal beagle was trying to keep Milbury from saying
anything that could precipitate a lawsuit, one that Milbury would have a lot
more difficulty affording than BC.  Such is life in the litigious USA.  From
a lawsuit perspective, there's a big difference between Milbury accusing
Gladchuk of something in a press conference, versus a report of it coming out
in McDonough's column this Saturday.  Anyone wanna bet against McDonough
leading with the scoop on this one?

I don't know that much about Gladchuk and have no way of knowing if he's the
good guy or the villain in this episode, but hearing his press conference
immediately conjured the descriptive phrase "empty suit."

*****************************************************        ,-******-,
* Dave Hendrickson "Robo" [log in to unmask] *     *'     ##     '*
*        A Hockey Polygamist and Get-A-Lifer        *   *##   ___##___   ##*
* GO BROONS!!!      Go Red Wings!!     Go LA Kings! *  *   ##|   ___  \##   *
* GO UMASS-LOWELL!!!    Go Maine!!           Go BU! * *      |  |___)  |     *
* Although I can't remember ever having an original * *      |  |___)  |     *
* thought, and am certainly parroting someone who   *  *   ##|________/##   *
* actually has a brain, these opinions are mine,    *   *##      ##      ##*
* not Hewlett-Packard's.                            *     *,     ##     ,*