From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jun 1994 16:32:54 -0400
Joe Carr, radio announcer for Maine hockey, tells me that Peter and Chris
Ferraro have turned pro.  But not with the New York Rangers, who drafted
both - rather, with the minor league team in Atlanta that is apparently
affiliated with Tampa Bay but has an independent status that allows it
to take players from other organizations.

This should have a significant effect on Maine for next season.
Peter, at least, is one of the top players in the country and
developed tremendously during his stint with Team USA; by all accounts
he was Maine's most impressive player in the two game series with BU
in the HE quarterfinals.  And Chris got off to a great start as a
freshman before mononucleosis hurt his chances with the Olympic Team
this season.  If he can return to that form he had in 1992-93, he
could be dangerous too.

In fact, I would venture to say that this development might bring Maine
down to the second tier of teams, rather than up with BU in the first
tier, when we project HE for next season.

This information is attributed to Joe with his permission.
Mike Machnik                                             [log in to unmask]
Cabletron Systems, Inc.                                     *HMM* 11/13/93