From:
Robert Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Apr 1994 17:24:21 -0400
Tony's mentioning of BC being BU's biggest rival reminded me that at the
Final Four in Milwaukee last year, I was interviewing Jack Parker and asked
him who he considered the big rival. Without any hesitation, he said BC.
It was after the '93 HE final, though, that Shawn Walsh was quoted in the
postgame as saying he considered BU Maine's biggest rival. So, this may be
the source of some confusion...Walsh's quote appeared in the papers here...
I'd have to guess it was in the Maine papers, too.

Although it has been a little overshadowed, BU's recent success against BC
has been a pleasant surprise and a highlight of each of the last two seasons.
BU was 6-0 against BC in 92-93, and 3-0 this year against the Eagles, for
a record of 9-0 vs. BC since March 1992. It was in the 92 HE first-round
playoffs that the Eagles upset BU to advance to the HE semifinals...BC has
not won since.

--Sid Whitaker
  BU '94.5