From:
Tony Biscardi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Biscardi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Mar 1994 01:38:42 -0500
Since a decision has been handed down, I will not get into whether it is
right or wrong at this time.  Right now, what I think doesn't really matter.

One point I will bring up is money.

I find it interesting (and admirable) that Hockey East (whether right, wrong,
fair, or unfair) was willing to give up at least $100,000 in revenue that would
have been generated had BU hosted a first-round match-up with someone.  I am
not saying whether I agree or disagree, but the fact that the league AD's
beliefs in doing what THEY thought were right took precident over collecting
a large sum of money is worthy of note.  If nothing else, the NCAA may still
be called the NC$$, but Hockey East's decision was based on beliefs and not
money.  Out of all this controversy, at least some people felt that money
should not be the driving force in all decisions.

I personally am having mixed feelings on the whole subject and feel that now
is the wrong time to discuss and work out some of the differing angles.  I am
sure the fans in Maine are extremely upset and emotional at this time (I would
be).  Maybe this summer there can be some interesting discussions as to
specific motives for the decisions.

Just a thought.

Agree or disagree, right or wrong, my heart does go out to the Maine fans.

Tony  BU'92'93
Former Ogre