From:
Greg Sorenson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 29 Apr 1994 14:48:18 CDT
This was read to me over the phone, so I don't have all the details.
It seems the Lake Superior hockey team has been invited to the White
 House, but the funds are not available for the trip. The school is
somewhat reluctant to ask boosters for the money, since they
already have contributed generously to the "Gem of the North"
 project (renovating Norris Center). Apparently LSSU's White
House trip expense in 1992 was in the area of $20,000.

Funny...I guess I always assumed Uncle Sam footed the bills for
 those sort of visits.

Greg