From:
Ross_Bracco USA <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 29 Apr 1994 12:46:39 PDT
The discussion of RPI's schedule strength, and its strength in recent years,
stirred up a question I have for fans of ECAC and HE in the 80's -

How bad was the blood between the two leagues at the time of the split?
RPI had zero games versus HE opponents (outside of NCAA tournament participation)
from 84-85 until a USAir tournament game with Providence in 1990 or
something like that.  Were the HE teams unavailable because of their WCHA
interlocking schedule or did RPI just choose not to face these teams?  How long
was it until ECAC teams started to play HE again?  How about the Ivies vs HE?

Just wondering ... I guess the issue of the ECAC not wanting to play RPI if it
annouced plans to leave next year makes me thing their was some bad
blood in `84...

Oh, and there's one more question ... any scoop on RPI recruits for next
year?

thanks!
Ross