From:
Keith Instone <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Keith Instone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 1993 16:46:06 EST
>Are the maintainers of the various ratings planning to keep the
>original Maine-PC results in their database?  It would seem to make
>sense, since the ratings are designed to show how a team has performed
>on the ice - not in the office of an administrator or NC$$ official.

I think TCHCR will just ignore the 3 Maine-Providence games and pretend
they never happened. That way Maine does not get credit for any illegal
wins, plus Maine's opponents are not unduly penalized and PC's are not
unduly helped.

Since the focus of TCHCR is to approximate the NCAA selection
criteria as much as possible, this may change as soon as the committee
announces what they will be doing with these games when it comes selection
time.

Keith