From:
"John O. Wong" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John O. Wong
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 1993 07:58:00 CDT
First, I'd like to thank Wayne for making HOCKEY-L available for lost souls
like myself.  Being a Badger fan 1,000 miles away with no news or TV on WCHA
hockey, this is almost like water in Saudi Arabia for me on Long Island.

Talking about Saudi Arabia, I'd like to concur with my fellow Badger fan here,

>it does for those who watched all those years of great hockey. There has
>never in history been a team in any sport that didn't have a bad year once
>in a while. To complain about such an honorable tradition as homegrown
>recruiting just because the Gophers are off to a slow start this year seems
>to me to be the epitome of short-sightedness.
>
>Reg Usher
>Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
>
>Go BADGERS!

I'd say the Gophers would do best by recruiting at home and leave us Badgers
alone in Wisconsin.  Now, if they could lead by example and persuade UM-Duluth
to do the same ....