From:
Steve Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 1993 14:07:43 -0700
On Tue, 23 Nov 1993, Hooked on Phonics Worked for Me!!!! wrote:

> The previous article mentions LSSU Coach Jeff Jackson. I thought he took an
> assistant job with Hartford, and that there was a new coach out there.  It's
> hard to accurate news up here, so if I am totally off the mark I apologize.  I
> thought for sure  I heard this summer that he had left to go to Hartford, but
> if I'm wrong, I'll be the first to admitt it.  I think there's a question in
> there somewhere.
> Chad King
> Class of 199something
> M-A-I-N-E GO BLUE!

He had second thoughts about his decision after LSSU decided to give him
much more control over the hockey program as a whole.  He returned after
about two weeks to LSSU to retake the reins of the Lakers.

A great decision for both parties, I think...  He's a quality coach.
He's had tons of success up at the Soo, why wreck a good thing, eh?

I'm curious if this is a one-year deal, or if it's semi-permanent.
(Isn't everything?)

As far as exactly what concessions he
was given, I can't be sure... Maybe John H. can fill us in?

--Steve
U-Mich '92