From:
Bri Farenell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bri Farenell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 1993 14:11:17 -0500
BEGINNING NOTE:Last year, I made fairly frequent postings of stats of
formerly collegiate players in the various minor leagues. It seemed
to be moderately well-received so I will again make this a fairly
regular feature if people want it.

Two notes. First off, please read all the intro stuff at the beginning
(at least this first time). It will probably answer a lot of questions
that might arise and save me the headaches of repeating it in email.'
Second, if you ahve a correction, please be polite. If someone refers
to me as a "stupid idiot" because I misattributed a school, I will
immediately cease posting this (this scenario actually happened last
year).

One further point, I will be gone from now until about Sunday
(11/28) afternoon so any email sent to me regarding this (or
other topics) won't be addressed till then.

Hope you enjoy it.

HERE ARE THE STATS OF THE EX-COLLEGIANS IN THE AMERICAN HOCKEY LEAGUE
        (stats as of 11/18)

STANDARD DISCLAIMER: If you have a correction or addition to make to
the list of players, please send it to me. However, only send me the
corrections; don't send me the whole list with the one correction typed
in, or it will be ignored Send it as:
"So and so actually went to such and such U." or  something like that.

Note: players often bounce up and down from the AHL to the NHL
(or IHL/ECHL). Thus, if a player is listed one week and not another, he
(or, possibly in the future, she) probably got promoted or demoted.
If a player gets promoted/demoted, I might leave him on the list for
a while with his last stats and a note that he was pro/demoted. After
a while, though, I will remove his name if he's gone very long (and
return him when he does).

--->Alma mater refers to the school attended by the player. It does not
necesarily mean he graduated.

THANKS: to Erik Biever, John Hausseler and Mike Machnik for the help
        in compiling the names and alma maters.

NAME, TEAM              "ALMA MATER"    GMS     G       A       PTS     PIM
Mike Casselman, ADR     Clarkson        19      4       12      16      8
Joe Frederick, ADR      N Michigan      7       1       5       6       8
Chris Bergeron, ADR     Miami           10      2       2       4       17
Aaron Ward, ADR         Michigan        10      0       3       3       12
Jim Dowd, ALB           LSSU            17      9       16      25      16
David Emma, ALB         BC              17      8       14      22      14
Kevin Dean, ALB         UNH             10      6       2       8       8
Ben Hankinson, ALB      Minnesota       8       2       8       10      21
Scott Pellerin, ALB     Maine           13      4       3       7       15
Jean-Yves Roy, BIN      Maine           15      15      5       20      17
Ken Hodge, BIN          BC              16      3       15      18      2
Mike McLaughlin, BIN    Vermont         8       1       3       4       6
Daniel Lacroix, BIN     St Lawrence     5       2       1       3       31
Joby Messier, BIN       Michigan St     8       0       5       5       4
Brad Werenka, CB        N Michigan      1       0       0       0       0
Mike Hurlbut, COR       St Lawrence     16      5       7       12      25
Randy Vehlishek, COR    Providence?     12      1       4       5       2
Aaron Miller, COR       Vermont         16      1       0       1       12
Craig Darby, FRE        Providence      15      4       8       12      18
Dan Ratushny, HAM       Cornell         8       4       6       10      8
Brian Loney, HAM        Ohio St         14      4       4       8       14
Adrian Plavsic, HAM     UNH             2       0       0       0       0
Phil Von Steffenelli, HAM   BU          17      1       7       8       31
Chris Winnes, HER       UNH             14      6       7       13      2
Lance Pitlik, HER       Minnesota       13      0       3       3       33
Dave Tomlinson, MON     BU              15      12      6       18      22
Ken Klee, POR           Bowling Green   16      1       3       4       31
Eric Fenton, POR        Maine           10      2       3       5       71
Jason Wooley, POR       Michigan St     10      5       4       9       4
Fred Knipscheer, PRV    St. Cloud       14      5       2       7       2
Howie Rosenblatt, PRV   Merrimack       14      4       1       5       54
Mark Bavis, PRV         BU?             6       2       1       3       13
Todd Simon, ROC         ?               15      6       15      21      18
Scott Thomas, ROC       Clarkson        5       3       1       4       0
Mike Bavis, ROC         BU              12      2       3       5       6
Peter Ahola, SJF        BU              15      3       1       4       12
Chris Snell, STJ        ?               16      6       16      22      6
Eric Lacroix, STJ       St Lawrence     16      5       10      15      16
Matt Mallgrave, STJ     Harvard         2       0       1       1       0
Scott Morrow, SPR       UNH             15      6       9       15      22
Rob Cowie, SPR          Northeastern    14      2       8       10      14

GOALIES                 "ALMA MATER"    GMS     RECORD  GAA     SV%
Les Kuntar, FRE         St Lawrence     12      4-5-2   3.14    .889
Bruce Racine, STJ       Northeastern    9       8-1     3.20    .888
Paul Krake, COR         AK-Anchorage    2       0-1-1   5.32    .861
Wayne Cowley, CB        Colgate         9       7-1-1   2.88    .907
Jon Hillebrandt, BIN    Ill.-Chicago    3       1-2     4.02    .889
Mike Gilmore, BIN       Michigan St     2       1-1     3.50    .896
Scott Lagrand, HER      BC              7       3-4     3.74    .877
Norm Foster, HER        Michigan St     7       3-3     4.95    .862
David Littman, PRV      BC              10      2-7-1   4.17    .871
Mike Bales, PRV         Ohio St         9       2-5-1   4.40    .875

TEAM ABBREVIATIONS      affiliations in ()
ADR= Adirondack Red Wings               ALB= Albany Riverrats (NJ)
BIN= Binghamton Rangers                 CB= Cape Breton Oilers
COR= Cornwall Aces (Quebec)             FRE= Fredericton Canadiens
HAM= Hamilton Canucks                   HER= Hershey Bears (Philly)
MON= Moncton Hawks (Dallas/Winnipeg)    POR= Portland Pirates (Washington)
PEI= Prince Edward Island Senators      PRV= Providence Bruins
ROC= Rochester Americans (Buffalo)      SJF= Saint John (NB) Flames
STJ= St John's (Nfld) Maple Leafs       SPR= Springfield Indians