From:
ANDREW WEISE <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ANDREW WEISE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 1993 11:46:00 EST
Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't college hockey grown and become more
popular because of the NC$$? Despite the fact that I went to undergraduate
school at Potsdam State (NY) and, thus, root for Clarkson (thanks also, in
part to my sister), I doubt that I would be such a fan of the game if it wasn't
for the publicity that college hockey has received more & more of in the past
few years.

I'm not defending the NC$$'s decision on Cal Ingraham (I also believe it was
just a tad on the ridiculous side), but they have had a history of making
such controversial decisions. For example, if there are any football fans who
remember the Orange Bowl several years ago (I can't remember the year) where
U of Oklahoma's Brian Bosworth was forced to sit out the game against the
Miami Hurricanes may agree with me. Oklahoma lost their best player & a chance
at the national championship because the NC$$ forced Bos to sit out the game
due to I believe some drug-related thing. Nevertheless, OU fans were outraged
just as Maine fans are right now.

It's difficult to keep in mind that nobody's perfect (especially not the NC$$),
however, what's done is done (except for an appeal). IMO, I don't believe, as
I think Wayne said, dumping the NC$$ would be a good plan. Like I said earlier,
I do not think college hockey would be this far & popular if the NC$$ was not
here to help.

Just an opinion! :*)

Andy Weise
SUNY Potsdam  '93
Union College '95?
[log in to unmask]             Let's Go Tech!!!