Date:
Mon, 14 Jun 1993 14:03:23 EDT
I don't have the dates, but the following is a list of schools that UMass will
play in its' first year back (Div. I hockey schools in caps):

MERRIMACK (2)
Villanova (2)
Worcester State
Iona
Fitchburg State
UMass-Dartmouth
Amherst
Trinity (2)
Bowdoin
Colby (2)
New England College
Gustavus Adolphus
PRINCETON
Salem State
Connecticut College
American International College (AIC)
ARMY
Holy Cross
St. Anselms
Sacred Heart
North Adams State
Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT)

That adds up to 26 games....I don't know if there will be additional games
scheduled.

Second note: I don't know how UMass will refer to itself for hockey (UMass,
UMass-Amherst or Massachusetts).  In most other sports I believe they are called
Massachusetts but the locals invariably refer to them as UMass.  However, with
UML also in HE it will be interesting to see what develops.  As Mike Machnik
pointed out, this is similar to Minnesota and UMD.  My guess is the same type of
labelling will be used here.

Jon

--
Jon Greene