From:
Bob Gilreath <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Gilreath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Apr 1993 15:15:49 EST
The first period is over, and tho I'v had the chance to see michigan this year
I've never seen maine.  Those at the bradley, watching live on tv, or those tap
ing for later are gonna enjoy this one.   The only complaint I've had so far is
 from time to time the announcers show their ignorance of college hockey.
 One time inthe first the puck was being held against the boards and both
 announcers were trying to decide when the wistle would blow.  one said in coll
ege it dosen'r for held pucks, and the other said, They will blow it dead, but
 it has to be held a long time! ;-)  One of the other classics was on a coencid
ental minor penalities, they actually went about 30-40 seconds into it describi
ng maines power play numbers and michigans penalty killing stats, before they
 finally realized there were 5 men on the ice for both teams ;-)  then they
 realized there were penalties on both teams and that they were coincidental!
   ;-)
       All i'm gonna say is if the next two periods are as good as the first
       we're in for a hell of a game.

                                            Bob