From:
tony BU'92 <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
tony BU'92 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Mar 1993 21:50:23 EST
A few comments/questions on the seedings

I noticed Wisconsin was seeded #6 in the East, while
two teams below Wis in ranking are #5&6 in the West.

This makes sense!

The seedings (on this one issue) appear to have been
well thought-out.  Essentially, N. Mich is the #7 West,
Minn is the #6 West, and Wisconsin got the equivalent
of the #5 West.  Where Wisconsin is clearly higher in
ranking than N. Mich, I think that it is not only fair
that Wisconsin stays out west (Detroit), but deliberate.

(Someone had said that this did not seem fair, but I
think that was based on the assumption that Wis was
ranked below Minn and N. Mich., which I don't think
they were.)

Also, I assume there will be much debate over whether
RPI or MSU should have gone (I think their target will
be N. Michigan), but, as always, whenever you have a
limited number of teams getting to go, there will
always be debates (many legitimate).  To R.P.I,
Michigan State, and UMass/Lowell, I am sorry about
your being left off, but good luck next year, and
keep following the touney this year.  (Root for
your conference and against your rival)

Finally, congrats to Minn, Maine, Clarkson, and LSSU
on your conference championships.

Tony  BU'92
(Ogre)

PS- Maine, good luck until you play us in the finals.