Date:
Wed, 21 Oct 1992 14:11:48 EDT
  In Detroit's 5-3 win over Winnipeg, Drake got the second Detroit goal
at 2:50 of the first period on assists from Ogrodnick and Carson and their
4th goal at 9:49 of the second on assists from Sillinger and Primeau.

  He also got a nice write up in the Lansing paper from Assoc. Press.

  His first goal was apparently a bit controversial in that "he and Mike
Eagles crashed into the goalie, the rebound deflected off Drake's knee
and into the net"

  After a review, "the officials ruled the puck went in off Drake's knee
before he wiped out Essensa and the net."

  Drake was quoted as saying "..I was sure it would be canceled. ... I
ran over the goalie, knocked the net off, and I know it didn't go in off
my stick."

---
Maybe  a little off topic, but thought the N. Mich contingent might be
interested.  (In contrast to the MSU contingent, Essensa is one of "ours".)