From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Oct 1992 12:51:53 EDT
It is only a rumor that the 2 & 2 system being used by the CCHA was developed
by Chuck Woolery of the Love Connection.

At yesterday's HE media day, there was mention made of the 2 & 2 system in the
CCHA, but the guy talking about it only said that they'd be using it for an
exhibition this weekend and that Bryan Lewis of the NHL would be on hand
to watch.  The NHL is apparently considering going to 2 & 2 next year, adding
a referee but keeping both linesmen due to the fighting.

I am wondering if the CCHA will only be using this system in CCHA league games,
or if it will be done at all home games in a CCHA rink.  I.e., will we be
seeing it next weekend when Merrimack travels to WMU for a nonconference set.
---
Mike Machnik    [log in to unmask]   Color Voice of the Merrimack Warriors
(Any opinions expressed above are strictly those of the poster.)    *HMN*