From:
"Craig A. McGowan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Craig A. McGowan
Date:
Sat, 25 Jan 1992 13:37:22 EST
Another what if:

TCHCR #1 vs. #45 - how much does TCHCR #1 drop when it wins 5-1 (or some
other "solid" win)?

This example illustrates the problem of playing a weakly-ranked team,
winning, but still losing rank.  If you are #1 playing #45, How many goals to
you have to win by to keep your current ranking, or is it impossible not to
drop?

What I am trying to understand is:  do strong teams in a weak conference get
"fairly" evaluated?  I'm interested in the relative rankings of
playoff-bound teams rather than the relative rankings of conferences.  What
I would like to see is the TCHCR "top 10" for each of Keith's scenarios.
--
Craig McGowan