From:
Mike Zak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Dec 1991 13:17:16 EST
I remember that Ed Sabo of Clarkson had a hat trick during one of
Clarkson's earlier home games (I believe Steve Dubinsky did too).
After Sabo completed his hat trick, a couple, 3-4, hats did find there
way onto the ice.  Over past eight seasons, I think that there has
always been a hat or two lobbed onto the ice, more when it's a natural,
but never that many that would interfere with the game.  I know that the
St. Lawrence fans have a rubber chicken and sieve tied to a string which
they hurl at the opposing team, and goalie, and then retrieve.  The fish
throwing hasn't been seen in the North Country.

Clarkson's playing Plattsburgh State won't be as bad as I had thought
after seeing that they are the top ranked Div III school.  Clarkson will
make it an interesting game.

I think that I might be better off having to go out of town and miss the
Clarkson-SLU game, especially after seeing the effort Clarkson put
forward against RPI.  Coach Mark Morris said that he thought that the
team "stunk up the building" that night.

Mike Zak
Clarkson '87, '91, '92 (I better, my funding runs out.)