From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Oct 90 23:36:47 EDT
Thanks to Paul Philbin for checking on the matchups and times for the Auld
Lang Syne tournament.  A few notes on some of the other inconsistencies that
Mike Machnik pointed out:

>>Nov. 23
>>     Yale Hockey Classic:
>>         Colgate vs. Wisconsin (4:30)
>>         Yale vs. Colorado College (7:30)
>
>    Hmmm...the NCAA composite I got from Keith has Colgate vs.
>    Colorado College & McGill vs. Yale.  Wisconsin isn't listed
>    in the tourney because they are at home for two games with
>    North Dakota that weekend.  Should we go with Colgate-CC
>    & McGill-Yale?

Yup.  I checked with the Yale Sports Information office, and the correct
matchups are Colgate-CC at 4:30 and McGill-Yale at 7:30.

>>Dec. 28
>>     Badger Hockey Showdown at Milwaukee, WI (times unknown):
>>          St. Lawrence vs. North Dakota
>>          Wisconsin vs. Bowling Green
>
>    Keith has BG-ND and SLU-Wis.  No HE teams so I don't have it.
>    Can anyone confirm it one way or another?

I called the St. Lawrence hockey office, and they said the matchups are St.
Lawrence vs. North Dakota and Wisconsin against Bowling Green.  They might
be working from an old schedule, but I'd go with that matchup unless someone
can confirm Keith's with a more current one.  (Hell, Keith could be right
twice in a row :-) :-)

In addition, Arthur mentioned to me that the times for the Syracuse
Invitational on Dec. 28-29 may not be accurate.

Updates as (if?) they come in.  If you got 'em, please post 'em...

Bill Fenwick
Cornell '86
LET'S GO RED!!

"Well, I've always said I have a face made for radio."
-- ESPN's Chris Berman, when a power failure knocked out the TV cameras
   during a broadcast