Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 91 16:32:47 EST
 Mark Grassl wrote:

 >What happened in Mpls over the weekend? How did Colorado College manage to
 >beat Minnesota on Saturday? I bet CC coach Brad Buetow (ex-Minnesota coach)
 >was happy.

 There is only one possible explanation for what happened here last Saturday:
 we were invaded by space aliens who took over the Gophers' bodies and decided
 to play a little hockey (very little) *:-)

 NOTHING the Gophers did clicked. Passes were missed, shots were whiffed-on,
 you name it---they couldn't do it! Coach Woog didn't even have to chew them
 out, it was one of those times when nothing said was worse than anything that
 was said. Absolutely the worst game they "played" all season.

 Colorado College hadn't won a game in Mariucci Arena in the last five years.
 No Tiger had ever won a game here and they really enjoyed it. It was also the
 first loss for the Gophers in Mariucci since February 16, 1990 a span of 16
 games.

 The only bad thing that happened on Sunday was the brawl in front of the CC
 bench with 57 seconds to go in the game. I must say that I was very
 unimpressed by Brad Buetow's very "bush-league" coaching methods. He is a
 "win-at-all-costs" coach, who lets (instructs?) his players to repeatedly
 knocktheir net off its' moorings, have instantaneous equipment problems when
 the tempo was high for the Gophers, let his captains consistently whine to the
 Ref delaying the game, AND try again and again to get the last line change as
 the visiting team. I have absolutely no respect for him as a coach. The brawl
 that occured, was no doubt frustration on both teams parts, but it was very
 UGLY and I was appalled that the linesman "just let them go" for several
 minutes before pulling them apart. There were also many punches thrown by
 players who were on the Tiger bench and none received any penalties. It was a
 shame that it had to happen and so late in the game too. I hope we don't have
 to play them again this season!

 So THAT'S what happened in Mpls last weekend!
 Carol White
 U of M
 GO Gophers!!!