Date:
Mon, 29 Jun 1992 09:14:52 -0400
 Jeff Lewis writes:

 >If in fact Mazzoleni is receiving cash for his services in the 92-93 season,
 >this would seem to be in flagrant violation of the "restricted earnings"
 >policy of the NCAA.

 I don't have a copy of the original post I made, so I will try to clarify this
 again.  Mazz is only being paid the money that is OVER the amount of the NC$$
 allowable restricted amount, which I believe is $12,000. The NC$$ fiscal year
 runs from August 1st to July 31st. This is why they are paying Mazz in a lump
 sum BEFORE August 1st, in the OLD fiscal year of 91-92 to which the rule DOES
 NOT APPLY.  The hockey office even called the NC$$ to check and BE SURE that
 they would not be breaking any rules!!!! So there you have it!

 -Carol