Date:
Fri, 26 Jun 1992 11:23:11 -0400
 From the Star Tribune this morning in Sid Hartman's column:

 The University of Minnesota Assembly Committee on Intercollegiate Athletics has
  refused to budge on its decision not to allow the Gophers hockey team to play
 two games at Anchorage, Alaska in December because it would interfere with the
 class schedule.

 Doug Zmolek, <who will be a senior defenseman this season> has been guaranteed
 a spot on the 1994 U.S.Olympic team if he stays in school and plays his final
 year at Minnesota and doesn't sign a contract with the San Jose Sharks. Zmolek,
  a first-round draft choice who went to San Jose in the expansion draft, has
 set a price and told San Jose he will go back to school unless his demands are
  met. Zmolek wants at least what teammate Trent Klatt got from the North Stars
 -- $150,000 to sign, $150,000 one-way for next season and $200,000 the second
 year if he makes it.  Apparently the Sharks made an offer this week that
 Zmolek is considering.

 It is expected that the North Stars will sign former Gophers goalie Jeff Stolp
 in the next few days.
 <end of news via Sid>

 I also heard that our "third" coach Mark Mazzoleni will receive a lump-sum
 payment before the August 1st deadline to make up the difference in the salary
 restrictions from the NC$$ going into effect as of August 1st. People in our
 hockey office are hopeful that the NC$$ WILL repeal this silly new rule next
 January as was already mentioned here on the list.

 That's all for now...

 -Carol