Date:
Tue, 14 Jan 1992 10:47:06 -0500
 It was announced on a local news channel (CBS) last night that former Gopher
 Grant Bischoff will not rejoin the U.S.Olympic Team.  Bischoff was diagnosed
 with Mono and would have been able to rejoin the team in about two weeks,
 however, after talking with coach Peterson this weekend, he has decided to
 accept an offer to play in Switzerland and leaves in a few days.  Evidently,
 Peterson told him that his making the team was a long shot at best.

 I also heard that Robb Stauber was sent to some minor league team to get more
 ice time because Team USA is overloaded with goaltenders at the present time.

 At the Gopher games last weekend I also spoke with a contact who had talked to
 Bischoff and supposedly he said that some of the players currently with Team
 USA are very upset with Peterson's "revolving door policy" of replacing a
 player if a better player is available all of a sudden.  It seems that very few
  players know where they stand with the Team and are wary of all the new blood
 that Peterson continues to bring in.

 Does anyone (mike?) know when the FINAL ROSTER needs to be turned in?  I guess
 until that time, no one is safe.  What a pity it has come to this.

 Carol
 U of M
 GO Gophers!!!