From:
Mike Zak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jan 1992 10:31:45 EST
Here's one plausible reason why Maine fell in TCHCR.  Maine beat Army 15-4
in the Dexter Tournament.  However, Army had just lost to Clarkson, 11-1.
Maine played Army at home and gave up too many goals to Army to qualify
for the defensive bonus.  So they scored less points than Clarkson did in
their win at SIT.  Now factor in Clarkson's loss to Ohio State, because
Maine and Ohio State are now comparable through Clarkson.  It has been
pointed out before that it does matter how your opposition does against
other teams.  So even though most people would agree that Maine is better
than Ohio State (Clarkson probably is too), the numbers won't neccessarily
show that.

Has anyone heard about what is going on at the NC$$ meeting and the
consequences (I dare say bonuses) to college hockey?  Especially since
I had heard about a push to reinstate a full time assistant coaching
position and add two games (wishful thinking).  More opportunities for
non-league games are sorely needed (I don't want to rehash this one.)

Mike Zak
Clarkson