From:
Mike Zak <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 7 Sep 1992 13:51:43 EDT
Hi everyone!  Well, it's that time.  This is my last week in Potsdam.
I'm off to Canandaigua and a job in the real world.  I would like to
take some time to thank everyone for being involved in hockey-l and
making it a great success.  All of the sociologists must be confused by
the behavior of this group.  The friendly and good nature atmosphere is
surely contrary to most of their experimental findings.  The pit-falls
of thanking people by name is that some people who deserve to be
mentioned are inevitably left out.  However, I would like to thank Mike
Machnik who got this thing all started with [log in to unmask]
(yeah I still remember the old address) way back in the dark ages.  Also,
thanks to Mike for keeping us informed about the goings on in that
"other" eastern conference (I don't remember that conference being
around when I started at Clarkson) and correcting my selective memory
with the cold hard facts :-)  Likewise, Bill Fenwick does an excellent
job summarizing the weekly play in the ECAC.  I would also like to thank
all of the various WCHA and CCHA fans who truely make this list a
national one, especially Carol White, the Sweeney's, Mark Grassl and the
others whose names unfortunately escape me at this time.  I almost
forgot to thank our omnipotent administrator, Wayne Smith who has done
an excellent job and has expanded hockey-l immensely.

Well hopefully I'll be able to rejoin the list from my new position.
However, I've seen posts by list members from the same company at which
my wife works, so I'll get her to subscribe if I can't (kind of like
Mike and Heather in reverse).

Thanks everyone and bye for now,

Mike Zak