From:
Mike Zak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 May 91 22:04:54 EDT
It was said that Clarkson lost the services of a Lapointe to Laval of the
Canadian Major Juniors.  I guess Clarkson didn't give up, since Sylvain
Lapointe of Brossard Quebec (pronounced 'kay-beck' :-) ) was a Freshman
denfenseman for Clarkson this past season.  I don't know if the two are
related or not.  Sylvain is an 18 year old freshman and came from the
Richelieu Riverains.  Coach Mark Morris has recruited heavily in Quebec.
Among other recruits during his two year tenure are: scoring star Hugo
Belanger (St. Hubert, Que., ~e

Lonqueuil Sieurs)
Martin d'Orsonnens (Repentigny, Que., Lac St. Louis Midgets), Steve Dubinsky
(Dollard Des Ormeaux, Que., Pierrefond) and Patrick Theriault (Drummondville,
Que., Hawkesbury Hawks).  There are also several other players from Ontario.
I've seen Martin d'Orsonnens French speaking-only mother at games at Walker.
She makes the trip frequently.

Mike Zak
Clarkson '87, '90,...