From:
Mike Zak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 91 10:19:49 EST
Looking at SLU's non-league games, one can see how SLU did not receive a
bid to the NCAA tournament.  (I don't remember how they did in their
Christmas tournament, so I'll only include games against HE (read
italices: That great, wonderful, omnipotent conferense.))
	Losses: Providence, UNH, BC and BU
	Wins: Northeastern and Lowell
	vs. Clarkson: 1-2
	vs. Cornell: 1-2
I believe that Cornell did deserve a bid over SLU by looking at SLU's HE
losses and ECAC losses.

Now as for Clarkson being seeded fourth, I knew that we would suffer
when BU beat Maine.  I was rooting for Maine for this reason, my
brother's there too.  I just thought that there would be some way for a
regular season champ and tournament champ to wind up as seated third, I
really wasn't expecting second.

As for the complaints on the HE officials, I too think that Maine got
robbed on some missed calls in the first period especially.  I was
watching NESN and they were talking about how the rest of the nation is
so jealous of the fine referees in HE.  Propoganda?

To any Wisconsin fans out there:  Any information on players and the
team, like power play percentage and kill percentage, away record, games
against HE or ECAC teams and Western Michigan, would be appreciated.
Please send to [log in to unmask] if possible.

Jay, I did not tape the Clarkson-SLU game.  I don't even have a VCR,
pretty primitive, eh?

Mike Zak
Clarkson '87, '90,... (Fall '91 !?!)
Oh great!  We get to play LSSU after we beat Wisconsin.