From:
Stephen Roth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Apr 2009 08:32:00 -0700
So I'll come out from underneath my Lurker's rock, and add my congrats to the continued existence of Hockey-L.  I started somewhere near the beginning, and remember the first (and only) time I met Mike Machnik when he came to Buffalo for a game against Canisius.  Hockey-L was also where I met the RIT contingent, all of whom I saw regularly at RIT-Canisius games.  And of course, I still am proud that Buffalo hosted the Frozen Four, and we had the dinner at Ulrich's -- the oldest  tavern in downtown Buffalo.

Since retiring, I don't have the contacts I used to, so don't feel that I can always contribute much.  But I do appreciate following the threads, and -- as an old Nanook alumnus (and administrator) -- hearing news about my favorite Far North team.

Thanks to Wayne and everyone for getting it started and keeping it going!!

...Steve Roth