From:
Stephen Roth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stephen Roth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Nov 2002 09:06:16 -0800
Clearly the ECAC has been slipping the past few years, but I also think the MAAC (and CHA) are gradually getting better.  Good enough to knock off CCHA, WCHA, and HE teams?  Probably not yet.  But there's definite improvement.

BTW, Canisius announced last week that they will be cutting football, tennis, track, and rifle.  This is supposed to free up about a half-million dollars for the other sports.  Hopefully, some of that will go to the Ice Griffs.  In any event, should (I hope) increase the status of the hockey team.

The Griffs got a much-needed 3-2 OT win yesterday afternoon over Sacred Heart.

Steve Roth