MEINFO-L Archives

MEINFO-L - Maine State Library Announcements and Information List

MEINFO-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"McKenney, Janet" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
McKenney, Janet
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 2006 17:34:18 -0400
Tech Plan Deadlines (set by FCC - we would change them if we could, but
we can't)

1. Certification Letter: All libraries will receive a technology plan
certification letter within the next week. Please sign and return this
letter by Aug. 31 at the very latest - unless you are one of the
libraries who has already submitted an individual technology plan to me.
District technology plan participants must sign the Certification
Letter.  This is to certify that you have a prepared technology plan.
(i.e. have filled in the five sections of TechAtlas.)

2. Technology Plan Approval: Libraries who are submitting individual
tech plans by Aug. 15 as requested, will have ample time to correct and
modify these plans following Janet's review for approval. Libraries who
delay in submitting a written plan, will have to sign the certification
letter in #1. The plan still has to be submitted to me in a timely
manner for approval.

3. District Technology Plan: If you are participating in your district's
technology plan, please get your information into TechAtlas just as soon
as possible. The Consultants and tech plan writing teams need to study
the information submitted by District libraries in order to compile the
District plan. You can not be included in a District plan unless you
have completed the five sections of TechAtlas and signed the
Certification Letter

Again, please remember that a technology plan is an FCC mandated
requirement for participation in MSLN.

(Linda asks that you please don't shoot the messenger!)

Janet

Janet McKenney
Maine State Library
Coordinator of Learning and Technology Services
64 State House Station
Augusta, ME  04333-0064

207-287-5620