From:
"Sara M. Fagan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Jan 2011 02:45:21 +0000
Princeton Tigers defeat the SLU Skating Saints, 5-3.

A few notes of interest:
SLU Joe Marsh was back behind the bench after missing last week's due to a hospital visit.  I hope he continues to feel better.

SLU defenseman Pete Child left the game with an injury.

The Princeton SH was "reviewed".  The Watertown Times posted the video of the goal on their website during the game.  After a long review the goal was awarded.  Folks say they can easily see the puck being kicked in. (It is hard for me to see but I do see the skate moving as if to kick the puck in).  The announcers mentioned that they had heard that replay wasn't working for the review so they went with the call on the ice.  It really is too bad if that was a blown call for technical reasons.  It was a bit of a turning point.

First Period:
13:33 - PU - Fedun from Pallis and Calof - PP 5 x 3
15:56 - PU - Fedun from Farris and Ammon
Saves:
SLU - Weninger - 8
PU - Condon - 10

Second Period:
5:32 - SLU - Dewey from K. Flanagan and Bogosian - PP
9:49 - PU  - Ammon from Lohry SH
15:26 - PU - Krammer from Arhontas and Fedun,
19:23 - SLU - Baker from Carey and Bogosian
Saves:

SLU - Weninger - 5

PU - Condon - 7

Third Period:
0:43 - SLU - Pitsikoulis from J. Keller and Drewiske
12:38 - PU -  Calof from Krammer
Saves:

SLU - Moss - 10

PU - Condon - 8