From:
Bob Svec <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 12:01:26 -0500
At 09:24 AM 11/18/99 -0800, Matt Sullivan wrote:
>I would like some help from the list.  Up in Fargo, ND
>we have been knee deep in feasability studies, and
>estimated costs.  It looks like a new downtown hockey
>arena is becoming more of a reality.  With a new arena
>comes a Div. 1 program for North Dakota State
>Universtiy.  The proposed arena will hold 8500 and
>cost anywhere from $31-41 million.  My question is
>what have the new rinks that have gone up in that last
>5 years cost?  How large are they?  Can anyone from
>St. Cloud can tell me how much the National Hockey
>Center cost?
>
>Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

The  Schottenstein Center at Ohio State cost $110 million to build -- $15
million in state money, $55 million in revenue-backed bonds and the
remainder from donations and operating revenue. No student fees were used.

It seats 19,500 for basketball (men's games are sold out for the season),
17,500 for hockey (there are plenty of good seats available) and 20,000
seats for concerts and shows.  The cost was increased by having two practice
basketball floors dedicated for use by the men's and women's basketball
teams, a Hall Of Fame and other amenities.

Bob Svec

GO BUCKS!!!