From:
Pamela Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Mar 2011 12:44:54 -0500
On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 11:23 AM, Charlie Shub <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>        Bridgeport on Friday
> 1-16    Air Force vs Yale
> 8-9     Union vs UM-Duluth
>        top 2 from ecac likely to face each other in 2nd round
>
>        Green Bay on Saturday
> 2-15    RPI vs North Dakota
> 7-10    Denver vs Western Michigan
>        top 2 from wcha likely to face each other in 2nd round
>        in a rematch of the WCHA championship game
>
>        St. Louis on Friday
> 3-14    Boston College vs Colorado College
> 5-12    Michigan vs Nebraska-Omaha
>        swap the location of the 5-12 pairing and the 6-11 pairing
>
> Manchester on Saturday
> 4-13    Miami vs New Hampshire
> 6-11    Merrimack vs Notre Dame
>        swap the location of the 5-12 pairing and the 6-11 pairing
>
> i guess that if the committee can eliminate 2 second round matchups
> (michigan v miami AND merrimack v boston college) that is a good thing
>
> how did the pundits do?
>        mike and jayson got it right
>        adam did it by the numbers
>

> Mike and Jayson's is the same thing as Adam's except for that minor
switch.  I made a bracket on a napkin (actually, I did the DU wins set,
also) at the X during the WCHA championship game.  I got Adam's bracket,
then put an arrow with a question mark on it to indicate the possibility of
a switch to put Merrimack closer to home and give the committee's (and
Jayson and Mike's) bracket.

The DU wins bracket was
Bridgeport:
1-16 Yale AFA
8-10 Union WMU

St.L
2-14 BC CC
7-9 Mich UMD

GB
3-15 NoDak RPI
6-12 Merr UNO

Manch
4-13 Miami UNH
5-11 DU NotDa

And, again making a switch of the 2-band to keep Merrimack in driving
distance:
GB
3-15 NoDak RPI
5-11 DU NotDa

Manch
4-13 Miami UNH
6-12 Merr UNO

Regardless of the outcome of the WCHA championship game, North Dakota and
Denver were set up for a potential rematch next weekend in Green Bay.
-Pam Sweeney