From:
Pamela Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Mar 2011 11:15:44 -0600
On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 8:23 AM, Mike Abegg <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> And Ridder is on the U of M Minneapolis East Bank where flooding is not an
> issue.  Downtown St. Paul (Xcel) itself isn't floodable, either, but some of
> the access roads are down the bluff just above normal river levels.
>
> I think for either I wouldn't worry about anything "touristly interesting"
> being dramatically affected. But those driving may want to check 511mn.orgbefore hitting the road.
>
> Mike Abegg
>
> Right.  Ridder and environs should be fine.

The gist of it is, even if (or, in this case, when) major flooding happens,
its effect on visitors would be limited to road closures*. Those road
closures are likely to affect access routes to the parking ramp at Xcel, but
not the women's event at Ridder.
As far as major interstates go, the only concern might be I-35W at the
Minnesota River in Savage/Burnsville south of Mpls.  (I-94, I-694, I-494 and
I-35E should not have any problems in the Twin Cities area, nor should I-35W
at the Mississippi in Mpls. )

*unless you're flying into the Holman Field Downtown St. Paul airport -
which mostly serves corporate jets.

-Pam