From:
"Anthony J. Buffa" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anthony J. Buffa
Date:
Sun, 13 Feb 2000 09:54:55 -0800
I was kinda surprised not to see some commentary on this game last
Tuesday. Apparently Clarkson won on the road, 4-0.  Clarkson is clearly
struggling this year, in the lower half of a league that is, in general,
having a worse than average year .... and Q is at the top of the MAAC
with a huge home winning streak.  Altho I admire how far the MAAC has
come, I think the ranking of their  teams is clearly a flawed
calculation at best.  Until there is more interconference play with HE
and ECAC at least, it will remain that way, no?  I presume John Whelan
might have a few comments here.

Again, nothing derogatory to the MAAC, I think they are doing very well
in establishing themselves as the fifth major conference. But the data
to me suggests that it should be a while before they are handed an
automatic bid... which, to me, is an indication that your league is more
or less at parity with the other four leagues. That seems not the case
... yet. Obviously the HE, ECAC, CCHA, and WCHA are at slightly
different levels (let's not get into that) but the average gap seems
much smaller between these four than the MAAC compared to any one of them.

Tony Buffa
RPI '64 ... I can't even spell Runssaleer.