From:
Bob Svec <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 9 Apr 1998 09:16:42 -0400
At 07:40 AM 4/9/98 EDT, Ralph N. Baer wrote:
>I noticed that the basketball window for announcing recruits is going on
>currently.  Does anyone know if the hockey recruiting period is also now,
>or does it begin later this month?

For college football and basketball there are many boards and publications
devoted entirely to recruiting.  Some are state oriented while others cover
a region such as the southeast of the midwest and a few are national in
scope.  They list the size, speed and strength of potential recruits,
discuss their accomplishments, tell if they meet Prop 48 requirements and
list the universities in which the players are interested.  Some rank the
top prospects,  others the top prospects by position.

There is almost as much discussion about recruiting  on football and
basketball boards as on the actual games.  It basically has extended the
college seasons to a year around affair for fans.

I have not been  able to find anything similar for college hockey.  If
anyone knows of a good recruiting site please post the URL (I'm familiar
with the recruiting information on USCHO).

If this type of board is not in existence, there is room for some
knowledgeable college hockey fan to become the "College Hockey Recruiting Guru".

Bob Svec

GO BUCKEYES!!!

GO BLACK BEARS!!!!!