From:
Gerald Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 11:03:16 EST
Michigan prices are also $12, though the way we got there is a story.

Two years age the historical Yost Ice Arena required some major renovations,
thus a 'one time only' surcharge of $4 was added to the regular price of $8
per ticket. It was clearly stated that this was only to pay for the
renovations.  But much like the way the government raises tax to pay for
things in an 'emergency' and never lower them again, that happened here too.
When the season ticket application was mailed out this year, I was greeted
with a cover letter explaining that although the renovation has been paid
for, the ticket price was going to remain at that high level to 'support the
team'.  Whatever!  Needless to say, most everyone renewed their tickets and
thus the gouging will continue.

Jerry Williams  U-Mich '93.

Go Blue!