From:
John Forsyth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 31 Jul 1996 15:47:58 EDT
The awaited day has arrived.  After much delay, the NC$$ has handed
down (part of) its decision.  The ruling on our championship has been
handed to another committee.  I realize some of you have been
anticipating this announcement in the same manner with which a lion
awaits the passing of a limping gazelle, and I don't want to spoil
your party, but I have a little advice:

Don't assume that your coach, your program or your institution
are above reproach.   I know I was confident that none of the
problems which plagued Miami, Washington and UNLV would ever happen
here.  But you never know what is happening behind those closed doors.
And sometimes you do, but are blind about it.  I'd like to think I'll
never be that nieve again, but that would be nieve.
So tread lightly around our grave: your school might end up with
the tombstone next to our's.

What's that I hear in the bushes?  Its a gazelle.  And its limping.
Let the feeding frenzy begin.

John Forsyth

When the NC$$ comes for my ring, what shall I say:

A) "It fell down the sink drain."
B) "I accidentally shipped it in a package at L.L. Bean"
C) "You can have my ring when you pry it from my cold, dead hand."

I'll tabulate the votes and use the most popular excuse when the
guys in black suits come for my piece of gold.