Date:
Mon, 24 Jun 1996 12:15:47 EDT
I have just finished reading the comments connecting Walsh and Crowder,
and I think its clear that Crowder was influenced in a great way
by Shawn Walsh.  However, there is another person in this mix:
Former UMaine assistant and current UML assistant Tim Whitehead.
Has anyone heard what his plans are?  Is UML likely to hire him
as their head coach?  I was hoping Crowder would return to Maine
after Walsh left (and if the media in Maine are correct, its a
matter of weeks), but I could see Maine hiring Whitehead.  He has ties
to the university, just as Crowder did.  There is also the fact

that Whitehead is a young coach who has tutored under two of the
top coaches in the country and might be looking to earn a name for
himself.  That sounds a lot like the last guy Maine hired as the
head coach.  And if memory serves, he was pretty successful for
a while.

John Forsyth

| Computer Lab Asst.     "We're                                   |
| UMA-Bath/Brunswick             on                               |
| Brunswick, ME                      a                            |
|                                      mission                    |
| http://maine.maine.edu:80/~jforsy41/          from              |
| "Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens,        God"        |
| the I-man in a coffin with warm woolen mittens" -Mike Breen     |