From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 14:23:43 -0400
Sara Fagan writes:

>When I was at St. Lawrence in the mid 70's I remember hearing about a female student at Cornell who died after being struck by a puck.  If I remember correctly it was something in the not too distant past then. Note: I am not saying that it definitely happened.  Since Todd
>writes "several years ago" it makes me wonder if the same story is circulating and it is just one of those famous urban legends.  Can anyone at Cornell tell us if such a think has every happened there?

The incident did in fact happen at Cornell in the mid 70's, although I
believe the victim was male.  Cornell PA announcer, statistician, team
historian, etc. Arthur Mintz once sent me the specifics on this; I can
dig them out if anyone's interested.

Cornell has glass-to-almost-ceiling nets at both ends of the rink,
although only one end has seating in it.

--
Bill Fenwick                            Email:  [log in to unmask]
Digicomp Research                       Voice:  (607) 273-5900 ext 32