From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 11:19:29 -0500
Moller, Edward N. wrote:

>Someone correct me if I'm wrong (nothing new there), but since the penalty
>was imposed during the tournament, wouldn't the DQ carryover to the next
>NCAA tournament game?

No.

Rule 4-5-e:

A player who receives a disqualification penalty in any game (including
exhibition games) shall not be permitted to play in the team's next
regular-season or tournament game against an NCAA member institution.
Exhibition games cannot be used to fulfill the disqualification penalty.

In other words, it doesn't matter that it was a tournament game. The
next regularly-scheduled game (and if I read this right, the game can't
be against a non-NCAA team, even if it's not an exhibition), he has to sit.

--
Bill Fenwick                            Email:  [log in to unmask]
Digicomp Research                       Voice:  (607) 273-5900 ext 32