From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 12:31:58 -0500
"Wayne T. Smith" wrote:

> I don't know Coach Whitehead's reasoning, but I think he made a great
> and near-obvious choice in playing hard for the win, but not pulling
> the goalie.  The goalie-pull was fodder for announcer and fan
> discussion, but not a good choice in any real sense, IMHO.
>
> Besides, a Maine victory this weekend over BC would be sweet revenge
> after last year, and be valuable toward an NCAA bid, whereas victory
> over PC would only be affective wrt winning % (PC has a losing record).

Sure, I can follow this, but... NOT pulling the goalie to secure a playoff
series against a perceived BETTER opponent?!?  I feel like I've awakened in
a parallel universe.  (And a pair of three-way ties in the ECAC standings
only contributes to the effect...)

--
Bill Fenwick                            Email:  [log in to unmask]
Digicomp Research                       Voice:  (607) 273-5900 ext 32