From:
Ralph Baer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ralph Baer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Mar 1995 11:18:37 -0500
Glen wrote:

>   Looks to me like Buddy Powers former team (RPI), by winning the ECAC
> tournament and qualifying for an automatic NCAA slot, knocks out
> Buddy Powers current team (Bowling Green) which was in slot #12
> in the ratings race for NCAA positions.  Had Bowling Green won on
> Saturday night, they might have been playing LSSU for the last NCAA
> position, the other one of the two losing out to RPI.
>
>   We may now need to come up with the BGSU rule.  The CC rule was successful
> in saving the skin of CC, Michigan, and Clarkson (well, they probably
> would have made it anyway, but it at least relieved the anxiety).
>
> -glen-

I wouldn't say that RPI was the one that knocked BGSU out of the NC$$
tournament.  (I am assuming that BGSU won't make the tournament  which
seems like the case looking at the recent RPICH posting.)  The ECAC
was guaranteed two positions, so the ones that lost out were other
ECAC teams.  The recent waking-up of LSSU is what caused BGSU not to
make it.

I wonder who else would have been on the outside looking in if
Providence had won the HEA playoffs.

Ralph Baer
RPI '68, '70, '74