From:
Ken Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2006 20:42:24 -0400
hi Tony,

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 15:17:16 +0000, you wrote:

>I know many of you know Bob and Arleen Stagat from the NCAA tournaments they have been attending, and also just from the list discussions. For the past year, Bob has been fighting a vicious form of brain cancer and I just got word from Arleen that he lost his battle on August 10th at the young age of 63. Arleen suggested you all might want to know, so here I am.

Thank you for passing on this news, sad though it is.

I met Bob only once, at the 2004 NCAAs in Boston (while walking to, or was
it from, the Hockey-L dinner). I remember having a very pleasant
conversation with him and Arleen, even though we had never met before.

The world is a poorer place without him.

Cheers,
Ken.

--
Ken Butler