From:
Ken Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 5 Sep 2005 15:05:54 -0400
On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 13:09:05 -0400, Sara Fagan wrote:

>I do not know how many Hockey-L people are directly affected by the
>hurricane and its aftermath.  I do not mean to overlook anyone but I did
>know that John T. Whelan was in New Orleans.  I have checked the Lynah
>Forum and have seen that John has posted that he is in TX.  I am greatly
>relieved.  I have tried to write John but it has been kicked back.    I
>hope folks won't mind if I post a message to him here just in case he or
>someone who is in touch with him will see it.

Hi all,

John Whelan is safely relocated to Brownsville, Texas. I hope he won't mind
me quoting from his last e-mail:

--- begin quote

Just a note to say I'm getting settled in Brownsville.  You can send
mail to me here at

<snip address and phone numbers>

Please keep in mind that I have only a
finite number of minutes during the week, and this experience may soon
put a strain on them, so weekends are better for non-urgent talking.

Loyola has still not decided what they're going to do about the fall
semester, although I've now found updates on
http://loyolaneworleans.blogspot.com/ and http://www.ajcunet.edu/

I really don't know the state of my apartment.  My neighborhood
probably flooded, but whether the water was 2 feet or 10 feet deep, I
can't say.  The double that I rent half of is one story, but up on
blocks so it's maybe 3-4 feet above the level of the street.  I'm more
confident that my books and papers in my fourth-floor office at the
University survived, but you never know if wind damage let rain and
critters into the building.

Apologies to everyone I haven't had a chance to reply to individually,
and thanks for all your concern.

 					John
--- end quote

John's slack.net e-mail is still working, for those who want to get in
touch.

Cheers,
Ken.

--