From:
Bob Gilreath <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Gilreath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 2004 14:20:49 -0500
Can't remember when I came online with Hockey-l, but I can say that the
best thing
about hockey-l is the people that made up hockey-l.

The ability to go to another hockey city and get together with people from
hockey-l is
fantastic.   I've walked into rinks across the country and sat down with
opposing fans
like I knew them all my life.

The dinners, the sweatshirt and the friends.  what more can you say about
hockey-l

I'll never forget the awesome sight at the hockey-l dinner in St Paul with
Jerseys from teams
all over the country sitting in one room, and the joy in my 5or 6 year
old's (he's a freshman at MTU now)
face when someone from Providence gave him a Pin.

I have many people I consider very close friend in cities across the
country due to Hockey-l.

Erik, Paula and Carol over in Minnesota have been great hosts every time we
have been in the
twin cities, and have made many return trips to the copper country.... Well
Carol eventually
will get over the 10-2? stomping we put on the gophers her last time here
and will come back
some day.  ;-)

Nothing better than sitting on my deck in the keweenaw at 1 in the morning
with a 70 degree temp
in November sipping cold Pigs eye the night before a MTU MINN series!  ;-)

I guess what I'm saying is thanks for all the great times due to Hockey-l,
and Thanks for those
who set it up and continue to run it.

I'm not as active in posting as I was in the early days, but I'm still
here, and still a big fan of
College Hockey and MTU, and all you people.

Bob