From:
Bob Gilreath <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Gilreath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Sep 1995 11:54:43 -0400
> Let's have a moment of silence, please, for the Libarary -- the famous
> landmark at Michigan Tech.  It was a bar and restaurant that made that
> trip livable before and after the Huskies handed you your head.  Guess
> it burned to the ground the other night, things just won't be the same
> no more when traveling to Copper Country.

Yes its true, the Library is gone.  this was a place everyone went
and is a great loss.  It would be similar to the loss of
Stub and Herbs (sp) in minn for carol, eric and company.

I believe the MTU hockey team received breakfeast here before road trips etc.

I was just there last week for Our Huskie Club meeting and sat
looking at the banners and hockey sticks hung up around the upstairs.

for those of you with web access, try :

  http://www.hu.mtu.edu/~mrmurphy/MTULODE/

for more info.

Bob

ONLY 30 more shopping days till hockey season! ;-)