From:
Dave Hendrickson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Hendrickson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 May 1994 16:41:53 EDT
I meant to include in my previous post that HOCKEY-L and NC$$ Final gatherings
are not at all representative of college hockey fans in general.  Folks, we
are the true believers.  To make an analogy that I hope no one finds offensive,
we are the church choir.  Mike Machnik is the preacher and Wayne is a deacon.
JohnH and Tony are in the front row yelling "Amen!" all the time.  Shootouts
are aimed at the "sinners and backsliders," those who infrequently appear at
the Chapel of St. Rink.  To try to convert these unbelievers we're just trying
to add some sizzle to the services.  It's understandable, however, that some
members of the choir might think that Tina Turner (in the form of shootouts)
is a little *too much* sizzle.  :-)

Preach it brother!

Dave