ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Adam Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 2004 21:02:34 -0500
I know this will probably sound like an uneducated comment, but that's
mainly because I don't know the process very well, and I don't know Grant at
all.

However, my thought would be that a player would chose to come to Maine for
certain reasons.  The history and power of the program, the competition that
they will play against (probably the best college competition in the
country), or the coach that he will get to play for.  I agree that losing
Standbrook will be hard for Maine, but the players don't come here to play
for him, so I think it will be something that we can rebound from.  When
Walsh passed, the coach that many players wanted to play for was no longer
there.

--Adam