From:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 2008 11:49:22 -0400
For those who plan on attending the East regional at the Times-Union, aka
Pepsi aka Knickerbocker Arena in Albany (ain't capitalism great?):

In past years this arena was considered cool and drafty, especially in the
upper bowl.  I attended the ECAC tournament last weekend and found the
opposite to be true.  While it was cool to cold in the lobby (mostly due to
the opening and closing of doors to the outside), it was warmer in the arena
area itself and actually uncomfortably warm in the upper seats (where I
usually like to park myself when possible).

There's no guarantee that the situation will be the same this weekend but I
thought I would share the observation.  I find it very uncomfortable to be
in any area where its too warm.  I will be wearing lighter clothes in layers
so I can bulk up or pare down as the temperature dictates.

I have not heard whether the higher temperature extended down to ice level
and whether  the ice surface was affected by the temperature.  If it did, I
would think that  the faster skating teams would be at a disadvantage.